Faculty Enrichment Developer
Faculty Enrichment Developer for Division of Adult Learning Online Academic Services
The Faculty and Enrichment Developer provides training, coaching, and evaluation to faculty teaching online in the Division of Adult Learning (DAL). Works under the direction of the Director of Online Academic Services to facilitate the recruitment, scheduling, and evaluation of online faculty as well as the design of new faculty onboarding, synchronous and asynchronous professional development, and other administrative tasks relating to faculty presence and instructional evaluation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits and develops a superior pool of faculty for the online programs at Lee University that exemplifies Lee’s commitment to scholarship and service
- Develops and manages delivery of content for new faculty onboarding, overviewing university policy, procedures, and learning management training
- Conducts research on various online learning trends and instructional strategies
- Designs and manages delivery of content for the annual faculty seminar to include proficiency in learning management system, technology tools and plug-ins, and other skills to create robust faculty presence and effective classroom facilitation
- Evaluates online instructors annually to create customized faculty development plans for their instructional enhancement including, but not limited to, fostering online relationships, managing the classroom effectively, increasing student engagement, utilizing effective feedback models, and identifying at-risk students
- Leads faculty in problem solving course issues and academic honesty issues that arise under the Director of the Online Academic Services
- Provides a high level of customer service in corresponding with and mentoring faculty who teach in the DAL
- Coordinates with the curriculum and instructional design teams on faculty training for curricular enhancements
- Submits bi-weekly reports to the Director of Online Academic Services.
- Assists the Director of Online Academic Services with special projects and other duties as needed.
- Problem Solving and critical thinking
- Organizational skills and oversight for a variety of large projects and processes
- Ability to oversee a task force or ad-hoc committee
- Proficiency with a variety of technology, including university and other software, data systems, and the learning management system
- Effective communication skills in dealing with faculty, students, and staff
- Prioritization of confidentiality relating to faculty and/or students
- Skill in instructional technology and design specific to adult learning theory
- College level teaching and administrative experience
- Supervisory abilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This position requires college level teaching and administrative experience, plus the educational credentials to match. The position is Master’s degree required, Doctorate preferred. At least 5 years of higher education experience is preferred.
This position will require a high level of critical thinking and effective communication in coaching and mentoring faculty and solving faculty-related problems that arise within DAL online classrooms. In designing training commensurate to faculty need, creativity, application of andragogy, time management, and attention to detail are critical.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit their resume/CV to Davonna Parker, Executive Assistant to the Director of the Division of Adult Learning, at email@example.com.