Assistant to the Director of IT Systems
The Assistant to the Director of IT Systems is under the direct supervision of the Director of IT Systems. The Assistant is responsible for all necessary administrative duties pertaining to IT Systems, assists the Director in planning functions, and acts as the customer service liaison to all university departments on behalf of IT Systems. In addition, the Assistant will assist department personnel with projects and serve as a “utility player” when needed.
High school diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Strong organizational and communication skills are a necessity, as well as, proficiency with standard Office productivity tools: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project. Must be able to communicate on a variety of levels from executive to analyst; covering a variety of functions that vary from high level budget analysis to supply chain management. Ability to work on 3-5 small projects simultaneously, while maintaining a positive attitude in a high pressure environment is a must.
- Translate Strategic Objectives from the Director into management objectives
- Establish and execute IT Systems guidelines in conjunction with Director of IT Systems
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Organize and manage complex tasks
- Work outside the normal business hours as the position demands
- Able to mentor and manage multiple teams to the accomplishment of organizational goals
The Assistant to the Director of IT Systems will be responsible for the following:
- Processes the payment of recurring departmental bills as determined by the Director
- Maintains a positive relationship with all university departments
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of the IT Systems administrative office space.
- Provides support functions, including minutes, for departmental meetings as required by the Director
- Manages students including scheduling, training, work assignments and budgeting
- Receives and routes calls for the Director
- Assists with receipt and delivery of supplies and equipment
- Assists the Director in maintaining the business calendar for the department
- Responsible for scanning, filing and maintaining IT Systems contracts and records
- Acts as assistant to Director for all related IT functions
- Other duties as assigned
Inquiries and resumes may be submitted to Nate Tucker, Director of IT Systems at