Student Financial Services Specialist
Performs financial and administrative tasks related to the day-to-day operations of billing and receivables and reports to the Assistant Director of Student Financial Services. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Process student accounting functions to include (but not limited to) billings, application of fees, and receipt of payments for students in the Division of Adult Learning (DAL).
- Provide financial counseling for DAL students regarding payment options and payment plans and resolve problems and questions with students regarding their finances.
- Meet regularly and work with offices such as Student Financial Services, Division of Adult Learning, and Financial Aid to ensure the service provided is as seamless as possible for the students.
- Process student refunds, which may include (but not limited too) refund entry and responding to refund questions.
- Issue financial clearance for transcripts, graduation, etc.
- Assist students and families with financial planning related to student finances throughout the year as needed.
- Perform other miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- At least 2 years of experience with account receivables (higher education experience preferred)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all student information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (to include Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to learn new information/skills and adapt to changing environments
Successful candidates must:
- Manage time well and be able to succeed under pressure.
- Have excellent organizational, management, and communications skills.
- Have the ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Manifest a positive attitude, high energy level, and enthusiasm for working within a team structure.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, please send a resume to Human Resources, Lee University, P. O. Box 3450, Cleveland, TN 37320-3450 or email@example.com. Applications/resumes will be reviewed beginning September 7, 2020.